[Insight-users] Scaling in Registration

Michael Hardisty m.hardisty at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 6 10:32:02 EST 2005

Hello Luis and others,

Thanks for your quick and helpful response.

Answer: 1) When I say smaller, I mean physically (measured in
millimeters) smaller.  The image happens to also have less pixels
because the region I am concerned with is physically smaller and the
pixel spacing remains the same because of the uCT detector.  The reason
that I mentioned pixel densities is that if I manually scaled my images
to align them the pixel spacings of the two images would differ and
hence would have different pixel spacings.  I previously used the word
densities as a synonym for spacing I apologize for the confusion.

I am currently working with a downsampled version of the images that I
will eventually have to deformably register.  I am also working with
Images that I have artificially deformed to make a set of images that I
believe will be similar to the ones I will eventually obtain.  Please
note that I am most interested in the mapping between the two images and
am less interested in what the images actually look like.  I am looking
at the images simply to verify the mapping.

Test Case Images(downsampled):

Moving Image:                                         Target Image:
                                XxYxZ
                  XxYxZ
Pixel Number(#):      50x50x50                 Pixel Number(#):
55x55x55
Pixel Spacing(mm):   0.19x0.19x0.19        Pixel Spacing(mm):
0.19x0.19x0.19
Origin(mm):              17,10,14                   Origin(mm):
     16.6,9.7,13.6

Real Images(not downsampled):

Moving Image:                                         Targest Image:
                                XxYxZ
                  XxYxZ
Pixel Number(#):      260x280x280                 Pixel Number(#):
286x310x310
Pixel Spacing(mm):   0.035x0.035x0.035        Pixel Spacing(mm):
0.035x0.035x0.035
Origin(mm):              17,10,14                   Origin(mm):
     16.5,9.5,13.5

Thanks for your help with this matter.

--
Michael Hardisty