[Insight-users] Scaling in Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jan 5 15:45:58 EST 2005

Hi Michael,

When you say "smaller" do you mean:

1) The physical extent of the image measured in
    millimeters is smaller

                 OR do you mean:

2) The number of pixels of the image is smaller.

You description lead us to think that you are registering
two images that have different pixel spacing and you are
trying to interpret the scaling in terms of pixels instead
of in terms of millimeters (in the physical world).

Please post to the list the following information for both
the Fixed and Moving images:

     1) Number of pixels along each dimension
     2) Pixel spacing in millimeters
     3) Origin of the image in millimeters

You *MUST* look at the following section of our course on
image registration:

http://www.cs.rpi.edu/courses/spring04/imagereg/lecture07.ppt

and you *MUST* read the following sections
of the ITK Software Guide:

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

   A) Section 6.7.1, "Geometric Transformations"  pdf-pages 199-219
   B) Chapter 8. "Registration", pdf-pages 241-340