[Insight-users] convex hall filter?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jan 8 10:57:54 EST 2005

Hi Kingaza,

You may want to give it a try to the filter:

        VotingBinaryHoleFillingImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VotingBinaryHoleFillingImageFilter.html

and

        VotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter.html

The second filter is used for running the first one
for a number of iterations.

These filters will fill-in holes and cavities in
binary images.

This is not equivalent to a convex-hull, but...
I doubt that you really need a convex-hull operation.

It seems that what you need is to remove cavities
from the contour... which is what the HoleFilling
voting filters do.

Note that you will need a CVS version of ITK since
these filters were added to the toolkit *after* the
release 1.8.