[Insight-users] periodic boundary conditions and recursive gaussian filter

Jan Ehrhardt j.ehrhardt at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jul 7 04:21:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

is it possible to get periodic boundary conditions for the
RecursiveGaussianImageFilter (or more general for
RecursiveSeparableImageFilters) ?
Specifically, I want to calculate the gradient (with a gaussian
derivative) of an image with periodic boundary conditions in z-direction
and neumann conditions in x/y-direction. In the next step, I want to
apply gaussian smoothing to a N-dimensional vector-field with periodic
boundary conditions in z-direction and neumann conditions in x/y-direction.

One idea is to reimplement RecursiveSeparableImageFilters and to enlarge
the array given to FilterDataArray (..). But how many values I have to add?

Another small problem: the doxygen documentation don't lists all
subclasses in the inheritance diagramm. How can I get a list of _all_
subclasses e.g. of the ImageToImageFilter ?

Thanks,

Jan