[Insight-users] periodic boundary conditions and recursive gaussian filter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 8 12:08:15 EDT 2005

Hi Jan,

    Yes, It is possible   :-)

    But, It is not implemented.

This is a non-trivial task. In order to implement periodic
boundary conditions you will have to get familiar with the
computation of the coefficients for the IIR filters that are
used in the Recursive Gaussian Filter.

Note that it is not as simple as enlarging the array and
tricking the filter by suffing the replicated values, because
this filter is not using a finite support for a convolution
kernel. This filter actually approximates an infinite support
kernel.

This can well be a semester project for a student
in a signal processing class.

---

About the Doxygen question, what happens is the our use of
Generic Programming makes harder for Doxygen to figure out
all the inheritance relationships.

One way of getting a full list of derived classes is by using
SourceNavigator

          http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/

This nice application builds a full database of a software
project and helps you browse the code by finding all the
variables, types, functions, classes and header relationships.