[Insight-users] periodic boundary conditions and recursive gaussian filter

Jan Ehrhardt j.ehrhardt at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Jul 12 04:50:37 EDT 2005

Hi Luis,

thanks for your answer. Enlarging the filter array in the recursive
filter appears to me the fastest way to solve my problem and I think is
a good approximation to the correct periodic filtering.

Is there another (more simple) way for a periodic convolution with a
gaussian derivative? I can use the itkGaussianOperator for smoothing,
but actual I see no way to convolve an image with a gaussian derivative
using periodic boundary conditions, without writing my own filter class.

I found the classes itkGaussianDerivativeImageFunction
<cid:part1.07090305.03050509 at uke.uni-hamburg.de> and
itkGaussianDerivativeSpatialFunction
<cid:part2.03010205.09020608 at uke.uni-hamburg.de> but I don't know how to
use these classes for filtering. Can you give me a short hint?

Thanks and regards,

Jan