[Insight-users] help with cardiac CT registration

hariharan ganesh lalgudi hgl at ece.arizona.edu
Fri Jul 8 16:22:52 EDT 2005

hello,

   I am trying to register cardiac CT images (cubes in a cardiac cycle)
based on "Deformableregistration7" example in itk(The one using
B-splines). The physical size of the dataset is 220x220x130 mm.
With the No. of control point being 5x5x5  it takes about a day to
register 2 cubes. The reduction in MSE (before and after registration) is also not
much.

   To have a reasonable control point spacing (20x20x20 mm) No. of control
points needs to be atleast 10x10x10. With the number of parameters being
so high, I guess it would take much longer time to register two cubes. I
was wondering if it would take so long for registration or if I am doing
something wrong. Does have itk have hierarchical B-splines implemented?

I am also looking for some tips on registering cardiac cubes using tools
in itk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hari