[Insight-users] compilation error with g++-4.0

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 12 14:46:34 EDT 2005

Hi Amadeus,

We certainly intend to support GCC 4.0 as well as any
other future releases of GCC.

However is still too early for us to use that compiler.
For example, there are not yet Debian packages for it.

The release 4.0.1 was just made on July 7th

           http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/

In order to use it know we would have to build the
compiler...  however their own Dashboard doesn't look
too clean at this point:

        http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.0/buildstat.html

Most of their builds are failing today. So, it seems to be
prudent to give GCC 4.0 a bit more of cocking time before
changing ITK in order to support the new GCC.

If you want to help in the process of porting ITK to
GCC 4.0 the way to go is to enable in your machine
a Nightly build.

In that way we could follow the Evolution of the
software as we adapt it to Gcc 4.0.

For instructions on how to setup a Nightly build
please look at the Wiki page:

   http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest