[Insight-users] Registration Metric

Dana Paquin dpaquin at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 12 18:25:46 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a question about registration of images.  I am following the examples
in the ITK User's Guide.  If I use the program ImageRegistration5 (contained
in the Examples) to register BrainProtonDensitySliceBorder20.png with
BrainProtonDensitySliceR10X13Y17.png (both included in the ITK
distribution), I obtain the same results as in the ITK User's Guide (i.e.
the same values for the Angle, X Translation, etc.).  This example uses the
Mean Squares Metric, and the last metric value is 557.819.   However, when I
compute the mean squares metric directly of my Output image (the final
transform applied to the moving image BrainProtonDensitySliceR10X13Y17.png)
and the fixed image (BrainProtonDensitySliceBorder20.png), I don't obtain
557.819.  Is the metric value produced by ImageRegistration5 not the same as
the mean squares of the Output Image and the fixed image?

Thanks,

Dana Paquin