[Insight-users] Multi-resolution: different pyramids for fixed and moving images?

Li, George (NIH/NCI) ligeorge at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 13 10:54:02 EDT 2005

Hi, itk users & developers,

I have read the ITK user guide and wondered if ITK should
Include another multi-resolution scheme that allow user to
Set two different pyramids for the fixed and moving images.

This thought is based on the case when I tried to register
CT image and PET image: the latter has much worse spatial
Resolution than the former. Thus, it would be beneficial to
Me to set two different pyramids, possibly to reach the best
registration.

Can this effect be achieved by any existing ITK filters, so
That I can use it to reduce the CT resolution prior to the
Registration?

Thanks,

George