[Insight-users] [Insight users] itk::SimplexMeshToTriangleMeshFilter not exact ?

Benoit devilleb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:11:36 EDT 2005

Hi !

> The question is:
>

>            "How much to shift along the normal ? "

I just read a document written by a former researcher from the
institute where I am for now.
It says that it could be determined using the scalar products between
the normals of the simplex point and its original triangle
(he corrects the simplex point's coordinates because the simplex mesh
is supposed to represent the same 3D object as the triangular mesh)

I emailed him and he told me he finally didn't implemented it because
it was too much work for a too small improvement

As this is not the most important thing for my work (just an
improvement), I have to postpone this task.
I hope I'll have enough time in the next 3 months to look at it.

Regards,
Ben