[Insight-users] Modfied itkGDCMSeriesFileNames available

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu Jul 21 08:01:21 EDT 2005

Richard,

You might want to look at how the itkDICOMSeriesFileNames handled multiple
series.  This class in based on the DICOMParser library and is being supplanted
by GDCM.  However, it did provide an API to handle multiple series in a directory.

The GetFileNames() call always returned the "first" series the class found. We
"first" is undefined.  A second API, GetFileNames(const std::string& seriesUID)
allowed the user to request the filenames for a specific series.

There is a companion API, GetSeriesUIDs() that allow the use to get the series
identifiers.

Jim