[Insight-users] Elliptic mesh creation

Benoit devilleb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:11:13 EDT 2005

Hi all !

I would like to know if there is a convenient way to create an elliptic mesh.

For now I have used several methods, but none satisfy me:

- itk::RegularSphereMeshSource is good for spheres, but in regions of
high curvature, it creates awful results;

- mesh generation from a binary image takes too much time;

- using itk::EllipseSpatialObject as an input for
itk::SpatialObjectToPointSetFilter only creates an itk::PointSet, and
I didn't find a filter to automatically generate the triangle mesh
from this point set.

Does somebody have another idea to create a fancy elliptic mesh ?

Regards,
Ben