[Insight-users] Re: Elliptic mesh creation

Benoit devilleb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 09:28:53 EDT 2005

Answering myself ;)

How I resolved my problem to create a fancy elliptic mesh centered in
( cx, cy, cz ) with a radius of ( rx, ry, rz ) :

1. Use itk::RegularSphereMeshSource to create a sphere centered in (
0, 0, 0 ) with a radius of ( 1, 1, 1 )

2. *Scale* the mesh :
  each point of the mesh is displaced from ( x, y, z ) to ( x * rx +
cx, y * ry + cy, z * rz + cz )

I'm not sure it's really rigorous, but the resulting mesh is reallly
much nicer than directly creating an itk::RegularSphereMeshSource
centered in ( cx, cy, cz ) with a radius of ( rx, ry, rz )

Regards, and sorry for the noise
Ben