[Insight-users] ITK 2.2 : RELEASE PREPARATION

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Sat Jul 23 09:45:07 EDT 2005

Hi Luis and other ITK'ers,

With funding from the NLM, we've developed a neural network library and
a dicom query-and-retrieve fltk-dialog for ITK.  The neural network
library provides multi-layered neural network architectures and training
methods.  The dicom query-and-retrieve dialog allows users to search and
fetch data from a dicom server or a local directory using a
patient/study/series query model.  It can be called from within an ITK
program to return either a 2D or a 3D ITK image as appropriate.  An
application is provided to store retrieved dicom data in the metaImage
format.

Both systems have been thoroughly tested on our dashboards (cygwin
gcc33, linux gcc33, linux icc7.1, linux icc8.0, opendarwin, sun-gcc33,
VC++6, bcc32, freeVC++, cygwin gcc34, net2003, vc2005, vc7)  Both are
well documented.  The neural network library includes 9 new tests and
examples, and extends the existing itk statistics framework (it can also
be easily modified to support the proposed changes to the statistics
framework).  The dicom query-and-retrieve work will be part of
InsightApplication as it requires FLTK and DCMTK.

Both will be checked-in prior to Aug 7th.

Neither changes the existing APIs, tests, or examples of ITK.

Best regards,
Stephen