[Insight-users] MixtureModelEstimator....

Kostas Rapantzikos rap at image.ntua.gr
Mon Jul 25 08:46:09 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I am back again with the same question as few weeks ago... I am trying to
change the ExpectationMaximizationMixtureModelEstimator example so as to
have 3 feature vectors as inputs. The declarations are:

  typedef itk::Vector< double, 3 > MeasurementVectorType;
  typedef itk::Statistics::ListSample< MeasurementVectorType > SampleType;
  SampleType::Pointer sample = SampleType::New();

How about the initialization code? For multidimensional Gaussians I have to
initialize the "initialParameters" vector accordingly. How is this done? I
always get an infinite value in the "m_PreFactor" field of the Gaussian
density function... :(

In general: I think that presenting a multidimensional example code in the
ITK manual would be rather helpful. The 1D case is rather simplistic for the
the ITK data containers.

Kind regards,
Kostas