[Insight-users] File formats that preserve image metadata

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:08:40 EDT 2005

Hello,

Which file formats that ITK can write support the full complement of
basic ITK image metadata (index, spacing, origin)?

I had thought that MHA/MHD images did, but (after some painful
debugging) I realized that my problem was that MHA images did not
seem to be preserving the image origin.

Any suggestions for how I should save intermediate steps in image
processing routines which depend on the index/spacing/origin metadata
would be appreciated.

Zach Pincus

Program in Biomedical Informatics and Department of Biochemistry
Stanford University School of Medicine