[Insight-users] slice based memory representation of itk volume

Feng Ma mafeng at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:04:59 EST 2005

Kevin and James:

  Thanks a lot for the information.

  I am actually looking at a filter that could do Gaussian smoothing like
itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter, without using a continous 1D block of
memory.

  To use existing itk filters, probably the best shot is to use sparse
image. I think itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter does not support sparse image.
Does the itkSmoothingRecursiveGaussianImageFilter support sparse image? Or
there is any other filter that I could use/tweak to achieve my goal?

  Thanks.

-Feng