[Insight-users] slice based memory representation of itk volume

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Fri Nov 4 12:27:35 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 08:58 -0800, Feng Ma wrote:
> Hi, Kevin:
>
>   I think it is a good idea. I will smooth my image segment-by-segment, and
> copy smoothed segment back to slice-based image memory. That will work for
> my case.
>
>   Eventually I think it would be nice to have slice-based image data
> representation in ITK. In Windows system, it is highly desirable for large
> medical image data.
>
>   Thanks again and I appreciate your great helps.
>
> Best,
>
> -Feng

There's always image streaming as well.  The only trouble with it is
that no ITK readers or writers support it. VTK readers and writers do
support streaming. Using the VTK to ITK and ITK to VTK pipeline classes
would work. I haven't had much luck with them. That's just me though.

My C++ isn't very good so every time I sit down to figure out how to
make a StreamingImageSeriesReader and StreamingImageSeriesWriter I get
lost.