[Insight-users] Diffusion

Einstein, Daniel R daniel.einstein at pnl.gov
Sat Nov 5 17:34:47 EST 2005

Hello,

I would like to something familiar but with a twist. Specifically, I
would like to compute the diffusion equation (heat equation) on a binary
image. Here's the twist. Say black is outside and white is inside. I
would like to treat the black-white border as a reflective boundary so
that all of the calculation occurs in the white zone. Then I would like
to iteratively pick one of the white voxels as a source and run the
diffusion equation on the domain and save the resulting field. For
example, if I pick a very interior voxel, the resulting field will be
roughly spherical. If I pick a boundary voxel the field will be biased
away form the boundary. I am not very familiar with lower level ITK
classes. Any advise to get me off on the right track would be greatly
appreciated.

Dan

Daniel R Einstein, PhD
Biological Monitoring and Modeling