[Insight-users] Diffusion

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat Nov 5 19:45:05 EST 2005

You'll probably want to look at the implementation for the Gradient
Anisotropic Diffusion filter (http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/
classitk_1_1GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter.html ). Given
your description of your needs, it sounds like you've read Perona and
Malik's original paper on anisotropic diffusion; this class basically
implements that.

Since what you're describing is a not-too-different sort of
anisotropic diffusion,  I suspect that this class could be simply
modified for your needs.

Zach