[Insight-users] how to define a filter's output smaller than input

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Mon Nov 7 12:13:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I would like to define my own ExtractImageFilter, calling the itk::ExtractImageFilter inside.

I thought that I just have to call itkExtractImageFilter inside my GenerateData() method and graft the output, but I got errors at execution: it seems that I have to override some functions to specify that my output data is 2D whereas my input is of size 3D.

Could you tell me which functions I have to override.

   -  virtual void GenerateInputRequestedRegion();
   -  virtual void EnlargeOutputRequestedRegion(DataObject *output);
  -   virtual void GenerateOutputInformation()

??

As theses functions are already implemented in itkExtractImageFilter, I thought I don't have to override them, but apparently I am wrong.

please help me,

Isabelle