[Insight-users] using ITK for image fusion

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Nov 14 06:51:53 EST 2005

Hi Pankhudi

Welcome to ITK !

Please read and follow the instructions in
the Welcoming package

   http://www.itk.org/HTML/Welcome.htm

----

What is called "Image Fusion" in the clinical
context is indeed the combination of three
different processes:

      1) Image Registration
      2) Image Resampling
      3) Display of two overlapping images

Actions (1) and (2) can be performed in ITK.
Action (2) requires a visualization tool,
such as VTK.

For instructions on how to perform Image Registration
and Image Resampling, you should read the ITK Software
Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular the Chapter on "Image Registration"
and the section on "Geometrical Transformations".

All the source code of the examples illustrated in
the ITK Software Guide can be found in the directory

         Insight/Examples/Registration