[Insight-users] image addition subtraction and the RescaleIntensityImageFilter

Seniha Esen Yuksel eseny99 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 15:24:29 EST 2005

  well again the code appeared seperately, here is the text part....

  Hi all,

  First of all I would like to thank everybody especially Luis for the prompt answers! Thank you very much!

  Secondly, questions :-)

  I attached my code and 4 kidney images

  For the images:
  http://www.mypacs.net/cgi-bin/repos/mpv3_repo/wrm/repo-view.pl?cx_subject=3220582&cx_image_only_mode=off&cx_repo=mpv4_repo&cx_from_folder=

  here is what I want to do:
  differenceImage = (im1+im2) - (im15+im26)

  However, the difference images appears as black&white, why? Could you inform me more on what the RescaleIntensityImageFilter does? If what it does is:

                                       image - min( image )
  RescaledImage = 255 * -------------------------------------
                                    max(image) - min( image )

  then definitely I should have some values in between not just zero and 255 -- shouldn't I?

  If this is not what it does, then can you please tell me what else to use?

  Thanks a lot!
  seniha

Seniha Esen Yuksel
Research Assistant
Computer Vision and Image Processing Lab,
Lutz Hall Rm 414,
University of Louisville,
Louisville, KY
work ph: 502- 8521528