[Insight-users] bug in FindFFTW.cmake

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 24 11:17:50 EST 2005

Hi,

  - I downloaded the last version of FindFFTW.cmake: it seems to have a bug on specifying the exact location of the file fftw3.h. I am just a newbie on how CMake works, so maybe I am wrong, but as trying to build ITK witk CMake, I have 2 options for FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH: On or OFF! I think that the right filepath for fftw3.h is expected instead. Here is an extract:

  MARK_AS_ADVANCED(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH)
  OPTION(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH "The base path of the directory that includes fftw3.h" )

  SET(FFTW_INC_SEARCHPATH
    /sw/include
    /usr/include
    /usr/local/include
    /usr/include/fftw
    /usr/local/include/fftw
  )

  FIND_PATH(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH fftw3.h ${FFTW_INC_SEARCHPATH})

  IF(FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH)
    SET(FFTW_INCLUDE ${FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH})
  ENDIF (FFTW_INCLUDE_PATH)

  IF(FFTW_INCLUDE)
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES( ${FFTW_INCLUDE})
  ENDIF(FFTW_INCLUDE)

  - Moreover, could someone tell me if editing and modifying the CMakeCache.txt in my own project or the CMakeCache.txt in ITK directory to specify my fftw libraries has the same result. What is the best way to do it?

  - BTW, my fftw libraries are dynamic library under windows: I specify the path to the import static library fftw3.lib with calls fftw3.dll. But it seems not to work.

  - Fianlly, Is there someone who succeed to use itk FFTW under Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 (.NET 2003)?

  Isabelle