[Insight-users] MeshSpatialObject Issues

Chris McIntosh tjswift at telus.net
Fri Nov 25 15:15:15 EST 2005

Hello,

   I'm trying to use an itk meshSpatialObject as the geometrical
component to a deformable model. I can deform the mesh without problem, but I'm
unable to correctly view the mesh using a spatialObject viewer. Also, trying to
use the spatialObjectToImageFilter results in incorrect output. In fact,
checking to see if point 25,25 is inline yields the wrong answer as well.

I've included the meta file below that gets output from the
spatialObjectWriter.

Basically, I create a rectangle using 4 points, 4 vertices, and 4 lines. The
reason I'm using lines is that I don't want to view a surface, I want to
view a wire-frame mesh. Basically, I'm deforming a spring-mass model and these
lines correspond to springs connecting the masses.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Of course, if it will
help I can provide code chunks.

Regards,

Chris McIntosh
MSc. candidate