[Insight-users] Build fails with MS Visual C++ 8 Express

Arash Jahangir arash at vije.ca
Tue Nov 29 09:00:49 EST 2005

Hi Karthik,
So far I have had four responses to this post (some private) and you are the
only one who seems to have had any luck with the build (one person
explicitly informed me that he has never been able to build the wrappers and
so he was forced to switch platforms).  So I decided to fallow your
footsteps and build the plain vanilla ITK without modifying any of the CMake
parameters (except for turning off examples).  The project seems to compile
but the linker has a lot of errors.  Typical linker error looks like this:

Error 6 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DestroyWindow at 4
referenced in function "protected: virtual __thiscall
itk::Win32OutputWindow::~Win32OutputWindow(void)"
(??1Win32OutputWindow at itk@@MAE at XZ) ITKCommon.lib

I've been trying to dig this up on the net and most people seem to just
indicate I need to install the platformSDK which I have.  One person said
something along the lines of compiler issues using Unicode versus ansi and
another one had a work around of using variable names for files and
including them (not sure I want to do that).

Could I ask you about your build environment and how you got it to make?

thanks,
Arash