[Insight-users] Build fails with MS Visual C++ 8 Express

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Nov 29 16:52:31 EST 2005

To be more specific, I wonder if you went through the step:
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/)

*Step 4: Update the corewin_express.vsprops file.*

One more step is needed to make the Win32 template work in Visual C++
Express. You need to edit the corewin_express.vsprops file (found in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCProjectDefaults) and

Change the string that reads:

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib" to

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib"

The definitions for DestroyWindow are found in one of there libraries
and the declaration in MicrosoftPlatformSDK/include/WinUser.h,

HTH
karthik