[Insight-users] ITK and Visual Studio 8

Ameya Khedkar ameyakhedkar at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 23:36:26 EDT 2005

I'm trying to install ITK version 1.8.1 on Windows XP
machine. I downloaded CMake20 and have Visual Studio 8
installed on my machine, when I select the source and
binary directories in CMakeSetup and hit the configure
button. I get the following error --
"CMake was unable to find a build program
corresponding to Visual Studio 2005"

I tried fidgeting around the CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM
variable and point it to devenv.exe file in the Visual
Studio 2005 directory. Now when I hit configure, CMake
freezes with the message "Check for working compiler:
cl" I kept it running for two hours without any luck.

Any help in installing ITK will be appreciated.

Ameya