[Insight-users] FastSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFunction

Torsten Rohlfing torsten at synapse.sri.com
Fri Oct 7 14:29:01 EDT 2005

Martin:

I don't remember when I last tried the SymmetricDemonsRegistrationFilter
with the FastSymmetricDemonsRegistrationFunction. I am mostly using the
"Fast" function with the curvature-PDE registration filter. In that
context, there is a test in Testing/Code/Algorithms that covers this
combination. Also, I am routinely using the curvature PDE registration
with the FSDRFunction in two little command line tools. I have put the
source for these up for you to download from

http://www.stanford.edu/~rohlfing/curv.tar.gz

Please give it a shot and see what the registration results look like.
The tools are similar to the DemonsRegistration example that comes with ITK.

As for the interaction between the symmetric demons registration filter
and the FSDRFunction: I have no quick answer, but if the metric values
are going the wrong way, I would probably try to see if a quick hack
like changing the sign of the gradient of the force function fixes the
problem. I currently have no time to play with it, but you should easily
be able to do that. If it works afterwards, let me know, so we can fix
that consistently in the force function and the curvature registration
filter.

TR