[Insight-users] Suitable parameters for Level set algorithms needed.

Rainbowfrog at web.de Rainbowfrog at web.de
Mon Oct 17 15:37:10 EDT 2005

Hello

I took the code found in :

FastMarchingImageFilter.cxx
ShapeDetectionLevelSetFilter.cxx
ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter.cxx

of the Itk examples, and modified it to fit into my segmentation program.
I allow the user to set the most important parameters for these algorithms
over a dialog via sliders. I don't know much about the mathematical background
of those algorithms though (for example I couldn't solve differential equations
by myself, but I have read in the Itk software guide that the algorithms use them)
that's why I don't know for some of the variables which standard values make
sens, and which range of values I should allow the user to set (for a slider bar
this means,depending on the parameter: which values I should take as minimum
and maximum for the user to set). I have listed the default values for the
parameter sliders that I use for each of the algorithms, some of them were in
the examples , and for some of them I just guessed a value.

I don't get good results with them, for the ShapeDetectionLevelSet I don't even
get a valid result. Which standard values , minimum values , and maximum values
would make sens for them ? Does anyone know good starting values ?

I'd be glad if someone could help me with this.

Regards
Philipp

Standart parameters I'm using:

FastMarching: