[Insight-users] Aligning Images based on Offset and Spacing,

Hari Sundar mudrarakshasha at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 09:35:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

This should be a trivial task, but I am not sure whats the best way to
do it. I have 2 3D volumes (from DICOM), which were acquired on the
same scanner, and are coregistered as a result. I convert them to the
MetaIO format.

The problem I am facing is that they have different dimensions, spacing
and offsets. If these are taken into account, then they are perfectly
aligned. How can I produce 2 raw images from these volumes which are in
the same space ? I need to perform some very expensive operations
between the two volumes and would prefer not goining through the
transform/interpolator for each comparison.

thanks,
~Hari

bhogaa na bhuktaa vayameva bhuktaaH
tapo na tapta.n vayameva taptaaH |
kaalo na yaato vayameva yaataaH
tR^ishhNaa na jiirNaa vayameva jiirNaaH ||