[Insight-users] Smart pointer destruction

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon Oct 24 10:05:36 EDT 2005

You can destroy a smart pointer by setting it to zero.

ptr = 0;  // releases the previous object.

The exception you are getting is probably related to the size of the second image being marketedly different from the size of the first image. The pipeline caches information about the sizes of the data it is operating on.

When loading new data into an existing pipeline (one that has already executed on other data), it is best to call UpdateLargestPossibleRegion() instead of calling Update() on the pipeline.  This forces the pipeline to renogiate the cached image sizes.

Jim