[Insight-users] Re: [Insight-developers] Active shape models & LTI

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 24 18:30:17 EDT 2005

Hi Alexander,

We have had extensive discussions regarding the pros and cons of
the GPL, LGPL and BSD licenses.

You will find those argument at

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/NAMIC_Wiki:Community_Licensing

Our current preference is to use a BSD-like license that does not
impose the reciprocity requirements of GPL and LGPL.

For more detailed discussions on licensing you may want to refer
to the book:

     "Open Source Licensing
      Software Freedom and Intellectual Property Law"
      by Lawrence Rosen

      The full book is available online at:
      http://www.rosenlaw.com/oslbook.htm

      or it can be ordered from Amazon.com at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0131487876/ref=wl_it_dp/102-3709525-0890551?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I2R16UMOBGUB0Q&v=glance&colid=Y33DWL1PUGRV

or any of the other dozen texts suggested in the reading
list of that Wiki page.