[Insight-users] Question about pipeline with Geodesic Active Contour

OnezerO onezerostyle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:02:18 EDT 2005

Hello Luis,
Thanks for the answer, I refer to the examples of the guide but i dont
totally understand the concepts, this in part because i dont dominate the
english language very well, that's why i'm posting here, i hope you can help
me with the next questions

1.-
>The GeodesicActiveContours doesn't really need you to provide a level set
that has been initialized with a
>distance function. You can pass directly your binary image as the input
LevelSet.
So what's the use of the fastmarching method to calculate a distance map? in
the original pipeline?

2.-
When you say "speed image" you mean the "potential edge image"?

3.-
In the process of obtain the distance map is more apropiated to use
Danielsson or SignedDanielsson?

Thanks in advantage