[Insight-users] bison.exe: m4: No such file or directory

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at cpbotha.net
Thu Oct 27 11:46:18 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> You probably don't want to mix Cygwin apps when you are building
> the wrapping using Visual Studio.
>
> The wrapping process can be done with Visual Studio alone, you
> shouldn't need to refer to Cygwin binaries.
>
> We build the wrapping on the Dash machines without having any
> Cygwin installed, just to make sure that the process is self
> sufficient.

Hi there Luis,

By the way, I am having a great time socializing with some of your
colleagues here at Vis 2005. :)

I am not using cygwin for the build.  The bison and m4 binaries
referred to are gnuwin32 binaries, i.e. pure windows utilities.  I
installed them because cmake asked for a bison binary.

The CableSwig/SWIG CMakeLists.txt contains the line:
"FIND_PROGRAM(BISON_YACC bison)", which I guess it needs to build the
parser from parser.y.  Are you sure I can build this without bison?
If so, how can I convince cmake of this?

Thanks again,
Charl

c.p.botha ||at|| ewi.tudelft.nl - tu delft work-related email
cpbotha ||at|| cpbotha.net - everything else