[Insight-users] questions about the 3D image registration using OnePlusOneEvolutionary Optimizer with mattesMI metric

LiuYuanJie lyj_george at 163.com
Sat Oct 29 08:41:20 EDT 2005

Hi,everyone. I want to implement a function which can do the registration of 2 3d images.
I use oneplusoneevolutionary optimizer and use mattes metric.
Maybe I set some parameters wrong so that i can't get a perfect result. (In fact,when I choose 2 same image and firstly do some transforms and rotations on the first image and do registration with the second image.The result is still similar to my initial parameters instead of 0.

Someone told me that maybe the cause is that the StepLength of the optimizer is too small. But it seems that the oneplusoneevolutionary optimizer does not have a method which sets value to steplength or I don't know how to use.

So I wonder someone can tell me how to set the parameter correctly so that i can get a much better result.
Listed below are my codes of optimizer and metric:

optimizer->SetNormalVariateGenerator(generator);
 optimizer->Initialize(10);
 optimizer->SetEpsilon(0.5);
 optimizer->SetGrowthFactor(-100);
 optimizer->SetMaximumIteration(4000);