[Insight-users] fast binary dilate image filter

SCHMID, Jerome jeromeschmid at surgery.cuhk.edu.hk
Fri Sep 2 00:27:40 EDT 2005

Hi,

After a long time I am back to the itk list as I find a job elsewhere. Anyway this is not the topic of the mail...

It concerns a filter I wrote on fast binary dilation for itk. At that time ( about 1 year ago... ) I was speaking with James Miller about this. Before I quit my previous job the filter hadn't been fully reviewed or validated, I thought that it was lost :-)

Anyway I found a thread about this filter in last April (yeah sorry to talk about old things),

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2005-April/012583.html

and I discover with pleasure that the filter has been integrated by James. However James wonder if I made some modifications to it since. The answer is no as I haven't access now to my previous work.

However I wonder if James tried to test the threadable aspect of the filter that I implemented at that time. The last version of the filter I submited should be in the old following thread:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2004-September/010538.html

Our concern was the safety of some operations. At that time I tested it and it seemed to work. The current implementation itk::FastIncrementalBinaryDilateImageFilter hasn't the threadable aspect available.

I hope I can find the time one day to have a deeper look on it.

Best Regards,

Jerome Schmid