[Insight-users] Slice spacing of DICOM series

Andrew Li andrew.li at synarc.com
Tue Sep 6 19:19:32 EDT 2005

Hi, Mathieu:

Our previous ITK lib was built in June. I updated ITK code and built the
ITK lib on Friday (9/2), but results were the same.

Then, I took a closer look and the following were what I found:
	GDCM function GetZSpacing() is used to read slice spacing and it
is correct.
	But at later time, in function GenerateOutputInformation() in
file: itkImageSeriesReader.txx,
		slice spacing read from GetZspacing() is ignored, and
		slice spacing is actually derived from slice positions
of the first slice and of the second.

Unfortunately for us, when slice spacing and slice position are
inconsistent in the headers, the latter is wrong for most of the time.

For now, it is already good enough for us to just to know how slice
spacing is derived in ITK package.
Thank you very much for your help!

-Andrew