[Insight-users] rotating data with in a 3D array

rama rama at robots.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 10:36:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am looking for a way to rotate data within a 3D array. I have a 3D
array with dimensions X*Y*Z with each value being an integer in the
range 0-255 which actually represents a gray scale 3D image.
Now I want to rotate the image in that array, by this I mean, I want to
rotate the data with in that 3D array and store the result in the array
of same dimensions.

I have come accross the MultiResMIRegistration example in ITK 2.0.0
distribution. I have seen it rotating a 3D data set (array) to register
with another 3D data set. I have seen its code but there is little help
in it. I have also seen the Transform class in ITK. But it doesn't give
any information about how to trigger the transformation and will it
transform the whole 3D array in a single go.

Can anyone give an idea of how to do rotations on data with in a 3D array.

thanks,
Rama.