[Insight-users] linker erros with ITK 2.0.0

Rama Aravind Vorray ramavorray at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 10:42:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

ITK version - 2.0.0
platform - winxp - MS Visual Studio .NET 2003

This mail is in addition to my previous mail with
subject "compile time errors in MSVC.net using MFCs".

To get rid of the errors that I said in that mail, I
included the #include itkAffineTransform.h and other
files before MFC includes in stdafx.h

Then I get rid off the errors that I said in my
previous mail, but now I am faced with hundreds of
linker errors.

Below are some of the linker errors that I am getting.
One form of errors are LNK 2001 and others are of
LNK2019

I know that these normally come when incompatible
libraries are used. But I compiled ITK 2.0.0 recently
and I included the .lib files (those folders) that ITK
had generated, in my project settings.

Here are the errors. I am onlyu giving a few of them
as giving all of them will be a clutter and also it is
non-trivial.

Can anyone please suggest me how to get rid of these
link errors.

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
double const itk::NumericTraits<double>::Zero"
(?Zero@?$NumericTraits at N@itk@@2NB)

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected:
virtual void __thiscall
itk::LightObject::PrintHeader(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
(?PrintHeader at LightObject@itk@@MBEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VIndent at 2@@Z)

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected:
virtual void __thiscall
itk::LightObject::PrintTrailer(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> &,class itk::Indent)const "
(?PrintTrailer at LightObject@itk@@MBEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VIndent at 2@@Z)

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected:
virtual void __thiscall itk::Object::PrintSelf(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> &,class itk::Indent)const "
(?PrintSelf at Object@itk@@MBEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VIndent at 2@@Z)

LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual
unsigned long __thiscall
itk::Object::GetMTime(void)const "
(?GetMTime at Object@itk@@UBEKXZ)

LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> & __cdecl itk::operator<<(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> &,class itk::Indent const &)"
(??6itk@@YAAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@AAV12 at ABVIndent@0@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: virtual void
__thiscall
itk::AffineTransform<double,3>::PrintSelf(class
std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> &,class itk::Indent)const "
(?PrintSelf@?$AffineTransform at N$02 at itk@@MBEXAAV?$basic_ostream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@@std@@VIndent at 2@@Z)

LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected:
__thiscall itk::Object::Object(void)"
(??0Object at itk@@IAE at XZ) referenced in function
"protected: __thiscall
itk::Transform<double,3,3>::Transform<double,3,3>(void)"
(??0?$Transform at N$02$02 at itk@@IAE at XZ)

LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected:
virtual __thiscall itk::Object::~Object(void)"
(??1Object at itk@@MAE at XZ) referenced in function
"protected: virtual __thiscall
itk::Transform<double,3,3>::~Transform<double,3,3>(void)"
(??1?$Transform at N$02$02 at itk@@MAE at XZ)

LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall
vnl_matrix<double>::~vnl_matrix<double>(void)"
(??1?$vnl_matrix at N@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function
"public: __thiscall
itk::Array2D<double>::~Array2D<double>(void)"
(??1?$Array2D at N@itk@@QAE at XZ)

thanks,
Aravind.