[Insight-users] a error problem

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Sep 12 22:02:27 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:50 -0500, Cao, Aize wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I encounter one problem when I build ITKApplication. I'd like to say first
> that I already install Service Pack 5 for Visual Studio in my computer.
> The error after I build ITKApplication is:
>
> INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
>   (compiler file 'E:\8168\vc98\p2\src\P2\main.c', line 494)
>     Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
>     Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
> Error executing cl.exe.

Is this VS 6 ?

The compiler loves to randomly throw up with "INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR".
Apparently, there aren't real workarounds around the issue. Often just
rearranging a few lines of code seems to work. Are you using CVS ITK.
Neither CVS ITK nor CVS InsightApplications (when built with all the
examples and tests) seems to compile on VS 6 now... But there is some
speculation on dropping support for it ?? Your best bet is ITK-2-2 and
InsightApplications2.2 which do compile with VS6.. (and since the
release was just a few days ago, it should be pretty much the same as
CVS).

Regards
Karthik