[Insight-users] a error problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Sep 13 09:25:43 EDT 2005

Hi Cao,

Is "ITKApplication" a program that you wrote ?

We don't have an application with that name in InsightApplications.

Please be more specific.

If this is your application, you may want to be more structured
when making typedefs.  Most VS6 Internal Compiler Errors are due
to deficiencies in Visual Studio 6 for managing complex declaration
of types.

If you do progressive typedefs, this may help VS6 to digest your
code.

Just to give you an example, in Visual Studio 6 you cannot have
a methods of a class taking "std::ostream" as argument,... it
causes and ICE, ... however, if you do first a typedef for
std::ostream, and use that new type as the method argument, then
VS6 manages to compile the code fine.