[Insight-users] How to map a 3DMesh vertex to a specific pixel on a DICOM image?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 15 22:36:20 EDT 2005

Hi Marcus,

If what you want is to find the pixel index corresponding
to every vertex in your Mesh, you can simply use the method
provided by the image class:

      image->TransformPhysicalPointToIndex(  vertex, index );

This method takes the physical coordinates of your vertices
and return the image index that you can use to address the
image pixels, for example for calling

      PixelValue = image->GetPixel( index );