[Insight-users] Rigid + Scale transform

Vicente Grau vicente at robots.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 10:54:00 EDT 2005

I am trying to do a 3D registration combining a rigid transform with
independent scaling in the three axes. The closest I've found in the
library is the itkScaleSkewVersor3DTransform, so my idea was to use this
as a base and remove the skew part, either by writing a new transform
class or by introducing a factor with SetScale() that effectively
eliminates this effect. I also thought about modifying
QuaternionRigidTransform to allow for non-unit quaternions. What do you
think is the best way to do this?
Furthermore, I guess I will need a special optimizer due to the
parameters forming a non-vector space. Is there an optimizer that works
with the ScaleSkewVersor3DTransform? Or, if not, how should I modify the
existing optimizers (VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer, I guess)?
Any help will be much appreciated!

Vicente Grau