[Insight-users] MetaIO doc?

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Sep 23 12:54:51 EDT 2005

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK_File_Formats
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/software/MetaIO/MetaIO-Introduction.htm

>My most urgent question is what order the data is written in when writing
>deformations after registration:
>
> typedef itk::Vector< float, ImageDimension >  VectorType;
> typedef itk::Image< VectorType, ImageDimension >  DeformationFieldType;
> typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< DeformationFieldType >  FieldWriterType;

If you have an image with 2 pixels in it
itkVector< float, 3 > p1
itkVector< float, 3 > p2

The raw part of the meta image file will be

p1(0) p1(1) p1(2) p2(0) p2(1) p2(2)

for default settings...

the order in which things are written is dictated by the
itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits class. If you want to read with your own
order say

p1(1) p1(0) p1(2) p2(1) p2(0) p2(2),

write your ConvertPixelTraits class....

regards