[Insight-users] itkIsoContourDistanceImageFilter problem

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 24 18:19:29 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

I've been trying to use the itkIsoContourDistanceImageFilter along
with the itkFastChamferDistanceImageFilter to quickly generate
distance maps.

Anyhow, lately I've been getting some exceptions from this filter, as
follows:
/Developer/Local/ITK-CVS/Insight/Code/Algorithms/
itkIsoContourDistanceImageFilter.txx:328:
Gradient norm is lower than pixel precision

Now, I've defined the filter over floating-point pixels as both input
and output. Does anyone who knows the internals of this filter know
under what conditions this exception will arise and how to deal with it?

Thanks,

Zach Pincus

Program in Biomedical Informatics and Department of Biochemistry
Stanford University School of Medicine