[Insight-users] Problems to debug with (k)gdb

Martin Kavec kavec at messi.uku.fi
Wed Sep 28 08:32:59 EDT 2005

Hi (and thanks for reply) Gavin,

I was able to get the debugger to behave closer to "normal". It was purely
empirical, by commenting out parts of the main, recompiling, debugging ...
With this approach I found that executing pipeline at once, that is calling
Update() only for FileWriter, helped. In the code I sent here, I updated the
my filter and writer separately.

I'll try calling Update separately when the filter works just to see, how the
debugger will behave.

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 10:00, Gavin Baker wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> That sounds very much like the debugger is being a bit confused because the
> code is optimized.  I suggest you first remove the "-O2" flag to turn off
> optimization (at least in your own code), rebuild and try the debugger
> again.

You're right. -O2 also adds optimization flags. I will keep that in mind!

Thanks.

Martin