[Insight-users] 'pow' is not a member of std

Ashish Poddar ahpoddar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:58:40 EDT 2005

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your reply,

1) OS - Win XP x64
2) Compiler - I have both Visual Studio 7.1, and Visual Studio 8.0
3)  Code Location - I can give you the details tomorrow..

I checked the list of compilations given in that link, but none of
them was on windows x64, I am facing some problems configuring the
compiler only it seems.. I tried to change a couple of settings in
CMAKE, and was successful in doing so, now the CMAKE is able to
generate the project files for me for 64-bit configuration.

the problem on 'pow' was removed when i try to change the include
directory from that of Platform SDK (which I am using for compilation
in 64-bit) to the native visual studio 7.1 include directories.
However in that case the several checks that are added in the include
files for platform SDK are not included... I searched on google and
found that this error of 'pow' and others like this were reported
earlier in the past as well. my guess is i am just missing something
very basic but am unable to figure out what it is!

and one more thing, when i change the include directories to native
visual studio (32-bit based) include header files, i can get 27 off 28
libraries compiled successfully, but the ITKIO library was not
compiled.

with best regards,
Ashish.