[Insight-users] Interpolation from an angular scanned surface to a gridded surface

Gardiner, Alan alan.gardiner at lmco.com
Wed Sep 28 18:03:03 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am working with laser scans of objects which are sampled very
regularly in angular space originating from the laser.  The returns from
the surface give a point measurement in (X,Y,Z), based on the angle of
the laser.  What I would like to do is resample the surface delimited by
the scanned points at regular grid points in the X-Y plane.  These grid
points span the extent of the object.  Is there a way to do this in ITK?
I am new to ITK and so more detailed instructions and/or examples would
be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
-Alan